Monday, May 18, 2009

Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower

This is a great recipe for an in between meal snack. I will eat it instead of popcorn when watching TV. It is one of my favorites. This has a wonderful aroma as well.

Preheat oven to 375deg.

In a gallon size plastic bag (or a real large bowl) put even quantities of a combo of cut fresh broccoli and cauliflower in the bag or bowl.

Pour 1/2 cup of olive oil over the pieces.

Add about a 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Old Bay seasoning to the bag or bowl.

Shake bag or mix all ingredients in bowl until all pieces are coated with the olive oil and the Old Bay.

Place the mix onto a cookie sheet evenly.

Cook on center rack for 30-45 minutes until the pieces are softened.

Warning: Let the veggies cool until cool enough to eat (they will be "lava hot" right out of the oven)

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. JC - sounds like a good recipe. I'm going to give it a try either tonight or Thursday. I'll let you know what I think!

    Tom Test

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one sounds incredible! Evening is a rough time for me because I want a snack and a little popcorn is okay for my blood sugar but this would be much better. I'll try this very soon.

    ReplyDelete